Assistant Director of Public Prosecutions
CI$101,436 – CI$136,428 per annum
(approx. £89,500 - £120,500)
As a senior member of the team, the Assistant Director will be responsible for undertaking general legal advisory work, and conducting complex criminal trials and appeals in the superior courts. The post holder will be required to advise law enforcement agencies in serious and complex cases, and will also assist the Director and Deputy Director of Public Prosecutions in the management and leadership of the office, including the administration and management of the Justice Protection Administrative Centre and the Witness Care Unit.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience and Skills
Applicants for this position should be a Solicitor, Barrister or Attorney-at-Law qualified to practice in an English-speaking Commonwealth jurisdiction. Applicants must also have:
- a minimum of 12 years’ post qualification experience;
- practiced as a prosecutor in a Commonwealth jurisdiction within the last 5 years;
- substantial experience in serious/complex crime at trial and appellate levels;
- experience in financial crime (preferably with an international element);
- a minimum of 3 years’ experience of the supervision of others at a senior level;
- proven aptitude as an advocate at all levels;
- strong communication, research, IT, team working competencies; and
- an ability to assimilate large volumes of information, and provide clear advice.
Experience in the oversight and administration of a Justice Protection Centre and/or Witness Care Unit would be an asset.
Detailed job descriptions, information on benefits and a Government Application Form are available at: www.recruitment.gov.ky Please note that no income tax is payable in the Cayman Islands (currently CI$1.00 = GBP£0.88, US$1.22). The remuneration package for this role includes a non-contributory pension scheme and medical insurance.
Please submit your Government Application Form, as well as a cover letter, résumé or curriculum vitae to: Natalee Dyke, Portfolio of Legal Affairs, 4th Floor, Government Administration Building, 133 Elgin Avenue, P.O. Box 136, Grand Cayman, KY1-9000. Telephone: 1 345 244 4500. Email: email@example.com
Deadline for receipt of applications: Monday, 8th March, 2021