Accelerate your progression with this top 30 international firm with one of the market's highest internal promotion structures. The department seeks an ambitious Corporate Tax Associate to be apart of their high calibre Tax team.
This firm has grown organically and become a global giant, to an elite corporate law firm. Regularly advises on billion-dollar deals and high profile, complex cases on behalf of the world's most powerful corporations and financial institutions. The firm's global footprint spans across 50+ offices whether operating locally or across borders from Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
This progressive Top 10 global firm is unique in its multi-jurisdictional project management approach.
The innovative culture and cutting-edge system set the firm apart from their competitors - leading as experts in many sectors covering financial institutions, energy and natural resources, consumer, TMT, real estate, health and life sciences, public sector and transport. You will have the opportunity to work on high quality cross-border, complex matters with large multi-national corporations.
The firm adopts a contemporary vision, where people, culture and attitude to change are the fundamental business values. Quality is a personal pride across the firm, and staff of the highest calibre are recruited and retained, working together in a collaborative and supportive environment.
The firm is seeking an ambitious Corporate Tax Associate (1-4 PQE) to join the Corporate Tax team in their City of London office.
The global Tax group has an in-depth understanding of the tax and commercial issues facing clients in the current economic climate. You will advise all relevant tax matters, including integrated domestic tax advice across multiple jurisdictions and overarching international outlook. The Tax team is an absolute powerhouse, sat firmly at the top of the Legal 500 and Chambers ranking - the work is varied and often very complex. You will be working closely with departments across the firm, including corporate, funds, finance, real estate, employment & pensions and litigation groups.
The role will involve transactional, advisory and structuring work across all areas. This could include:
- Advising on the Taxation of M&A transactions, emphasising cross-border deals, corporate restructuring, energy taxation (including upstream work), equity and debt capital markets, finance, UK Real Estate, Projects, Funds and Private Equity.
- Tax disputes work
- Expected to negotiate transactions with supervision
- Encouraged to adopt a client-facing position
- Advise on VAT, SDLT, Reserve Tax, stamp duties and other specialist Tax areas.
- You will be a Corporate Tax Solicitor at least 1-4 years PQE (There is no upper limit for the level of PQE and more senior candidates will be considered for a senior position)
- You will be currently working within a City or International practice.
- Worked within a respectable corporate practice
- Work on mostly M&A Tax matters
- Excellent drafting and communication skills.
- Actively engage in networking and development opportunities
Salary & Benefits:
- You will receive a market-leading salary with an excellent bonus structure and benefits package.
- The firm also promotes work-life balance with working from home days.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Tax Associate to join this Top 30 practice with no upper limit progression opportunities. Apply now for immediate consideration, alternatively please feel to email or call for a confidential conversation.