PROPERTY SOLICITOR 5 YEARS PQE +
C & C Law Group is a new firm that will be setting up offices in central London around Mayfair/ Marylebone to cater for an existing client base constituted of banks, companies, ultra high net worth and high net worth individuals.
We are establishing a property department to handle an existing deal flow and to cater for clients that will be sending us on-going instructions.
Based on the existing deal pipeline, realistically, when the firm is up and running, we estimate that the partners will be able to earn between £20k - £30k per month.
These instructions will typically entail acting for buyers on multi-million pound residential acquisitions, representing banks on residential financing transactions, acting for developers and buyers of residential and commercial units, dealing with commercial leases and acting for sellers of residential / commercial property
We are looking for well rounded and competent practitioners to join as partners. This role is potentially also open to senior associates who are looking to transition into partners / business owners as well as current partners who are looking for a transition. We are also open to the appropriate candidate joining initially as a consultant and then at the appropriate stage, transitioning from a consultancy arrangement into equity partnership.
We would require the successful applicants to come into the office at least 3 days a week.
Our objective is to bring in property solicitors with the requisite level of experience, who are commercially minded and personable. If the solicitors have the capability to generate a client following at some stage, it would be an added bonus, however a client following is not necessary at this point in time.
The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years PQE and possess substantial experience in both residential and commercial property transactions. The solicitors should be able to handle a variety of transactions including conveyancing, plot sales, secured lending and developments (acting for both developers and buyers).
Details about equity partnership can be discussed at interview.
Property Solicitor / Partner
Salary/ Equity: £240,000 - £360,000
Property Department background:
The successful applicants will have a role in building the department and establishing the culture of the firm. Our existing clients will be constituted of banks, companies, ultra-high net worth and high net worth individuals. We will also have a deal flow emanating from established developers and institutional mortgage brokers. The specialist practitioners should be able to advise on complex commercial and residential transactions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner / Consultant
- Professional pro-active approach, strong client care skills and a sensitive and sympathetic understanding of clients’ needs
- Responsible for all aspects of Property work and on occasions, where appropriate providing technical expertise and guidance.
- Ability to manage appropriate caseload types and complexities
- Attending clients, taking instructions and preparing cases
- Dealing with correspondence
- Maintaining accurate time costing procedures
Key Skills Required
- 5+ years property experience in primarily residential but also commercial experience.
- Must have a clean, valid Practicing Certificate at the time of applying
- Committed team player and adapt well to new challenges
- Professional with a pro-active approach; excellent client care skills and ability to deal with client matters in a sensitive manner and resolve complicated practicalities
- Excellent networking and communication skills with the ability to successfully market the Company and generate new business
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to use own initiative and sound judgment
- Working knowledge of dealing in developments
- Excellent IT Skills -familiar with Microsoft Office applications and document management skills
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other duties as reasonably required.
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Supportive team environment.
- Flexible working arrangements/ considered
- Support for appropriate legal awards/recognition
On offer is a negotiable package, a supportive team environment and real prospects as a partner to join and have equity in a growing business.
The company is committed to Equal Opportunities and embraces diversity and inclusivity of its staff and strives to ensure that its workforce reflects the diversity of the communities they serve.
If this sounds of interest apply now