Our client is an established law firm with offices in Salisbury and London, offering a full range of personal, business, farms/estates, charity and school sector legal services.
They are looking to expand their Schools team to include a Solicitor with approximately 2-6 years PQE in the field of Education Law. They advise a range of educational establishments, predominantly Independent Schools and Academies. Clients include a number of Charitable Trusts, charities, Multi-Academy Trusts (MATs) and Single Academy Trusts (SATs).
Key objectives and responsibilities
Advise on Education Law issues for both Independent Schools and Academies.
Have an understanding of the legislative framework for Independent Schools, including: The Education (Independent School Standards Regulations) Regulations 2014; National Minimum Standards for Boarding Schools; Education Acts.
Have an understanding of the legislative framework for Academies, including: Education Act 1996, School Standards and Frameworks Act 1998, Education Act 2002, Education Act 2005, Education and Inspections Act 2006, Children, Schools and Families Act 2010.
Advise Head teachers, Bursars, CEOs, Finance Directors, Senior Leadership, Trustees, Governors and School Business Managers on the following range of issues:
• Parental Complaints
• Equality Act 2010 and discrimination claims
• Special Educational Needs and Disability
• Academy conversion projects
• School inspections
• Drafting School Policies and Parent/School Contract documentation
• Governance and constitutional issues
• Compliance with regulatory requirements and statutory guidance
• How to conduct internal panel hearings
• GDPR and data protection
• File opening and management
• Managing own caseload with minimal supervision
• Provide high quality legal advice to clients (written and oral)
• Meet deadlines
• Provide excellent client service
• Meet billing and time recording targets
• Comply with other financial disciplines
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the countries leading law firms, in a great location with a great culture and ethos.
Salary negotiable depending on experience.
Please note we regret that due to the high volume of CVs received we cannot give individual feedback to candidates. If you are not contacted within 5 working days of submitting your CV please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Honeypot People Ltd, is a UK-based agency providing specialist solutions within the Professional Sector.
We operate an equal opportunities policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, marital or civil partnership status or disability.