IN-HOUSE COUNSEL - ESSEX
Our client, a growing insurance company, is looking for a solicitor to join as its in-house counsel.
This is a permanent role to join the established in-house legal team at this international insurance company.
The responsibilities of this role are wide ranging and includes providing legal support across the areas such as:
- Drafting, editing and advising on a variety of agreements which are required for day to day business activities - examples include services agreements, employment contracts, lease agreements, etc.
- Maintaining control of contracts and understanding of our various contracts so that they can advise us on termination provisions etc when relevant.
- Assisting with the legal aspects of setting up new businesses and the associated corporate documents etc. Supporting with legal aspects of M&A's and intercompany affairs.
- Maintain template contracts that conform to current legislation and business requirements. Update any relevant stakeholders with any changes or interpretation in law in a timely manner.
- Communicate legal issues in contracts to the relevant stakeholders and seek solutions to issues in a timely manner.
- Advising on legal risks and assisting with due diligence, regulatory and compliance matters in support of the Compliance functions as needed.
- Participating in contract negotiations as required and ensuring the business complies with laws, company processes and guidelines.
The firm is seeking and commercial lawyer with the following experience/characteristics:
- Solicitor with a minimum of 2 years' pqe working as an in-house counsel or in a corporate/commercial department within a recognised team in private practice.
- Previous experience working in the insurance sector is desirable, but not essential.
- The ability to foster and maintain excellent business relationships.
What's on offer?
On offer with this opportunity is:
- Chance to join a growing underwriting insurance business' in-house legal team.
- Diverse work across a range of different disciplines.
- Opportunities for continued progression.
- Long term mix of remote/home and office based working.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
To be considered for this in-house counsel role based in Essex please get in touch with a recent CV as soon as possible.