Professional Support Lawyer
South Wales / Home Working
Full time or part time
You will work for one of the country’s largest and most reputable commercial law firms as a Professional Support Lawyer, specifically within their Tier 1 litigation team.
The office is based in Cardiff City Centre, but this role will be home working in addition to office working (Covid-19 guidelines in place with only 25% of employees allowed in the office on any given day). There are also national roles available so get in touch regardless of your location.
This is what you will be doing:
This opportunity is a modern PSL role encompassing:
- Dealing with technical queries from lawyers with regards to commercial litigation work
- Provide strategic advice on matters.
- Providing training to lawyers across all levels
- Black letter law and skills training across all levels
- Providing updates on developments
- Knowledge management
- Knowhow management
- Precedent management work (although this is limited)
- Providing support on client facing activities – horizon scanning, providing briefings to clients, client training, client relationship teams
- Risk activities / risk reduction
This team has a strategy for growth in line with the growth of the wider Commercial Disputes team. The team are diverse, forward thinking and adaptable and are looking to hire exceptional Lawyers who are looking to move out of fee earning, who are ambitious and have a passion for this work.
You will receive a personal career path and several opportunities to climb the career ladder within this top, Global business, working under a supportive Partnership team across the Country.
The experience you will bring to the team.
- A qualified Lawyer (all PQE will be considered)
- Experience is commercial litigation is essential
- Previous experience in a PSL role is desirable but not essential
- Excellent academics (2:1 degree and strong A Levels)
- Commercially astute
- A team player
What you will get in return
- An excellent salary above market average
- A fantastic benefit package.
- The highest quality of work / exposure to excellent clients
- Personal career progression and development at all levels
- A diverse culture with a D&I committee set up to encourage and educate, encouraging everyone to bring their true self to work.
- Working under tier 1 market leading Lawyers
- A blended working environment 2-3 days in office and 2 days’ work from home – part time will also be considered
- Inclusive hiring and leadership programmes.
Are you up for the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role – then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions, please contact Sarah Castle at Yolk Recruitment on 02921673737.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying – then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities. *