An opportunity has opened within the R&I capability at a US firm based in the Birmingham. They are hiring a Restructuring & Insolvency associate from NQ - 4 years PQE.
You will already have a career in this area of law at a recognised, well regarded law firm and most importantly have the drive and ambition to want to progress.
This position is with a top tier, heavyweight US law firm. They have a full service offering and a stronghold in areas such as Corporate, Litigation & Arbitration, Sports & Entertainment, Tax, Pensions, Infrastructure, Life Science, Brand Products, Aerospace and Transport.
They attract creative thinkers that keep this law firm ahead of the game. Turning over huge revenue each year on a global scale this law firm is going from strength to strength. With 1500 lawyers across 20 countries, they pride themselves on the outstanding service the give to their clients and the unrivalled support they give to their lawyers.
The firm seeks a Restructuring Associate NQ -4 PQE to join their multi-award-winning practice in their Birmingham office.
The Restructuring team is among the largest teams across the firm and is recognised as "Insolvency and Restructuring Firm of the Year" regularly. The team forms a broader team of the Banking & Finance group; with access to the very best national and international work, increasingly involved in complex, high-value restructuring - they are recognised as experts by Chambers and Legal 500.
The restructuring group regularly acts for all major clearing banks and a variety of other lenders. Recent work includes; advising a global bank on the financing of a hotel group.
You will be:
- Involved in complex, high-value restructuring projects at an early stage in the financial decline curve, to innovative solutions
- Advising Financial Institutions, turnaround and insolvency practitioners, company directors, shareholders, and other stakeholders on recovery and turnaround strategies.
- Investigate causes of company failure and pursue claims against those responsible
- Acting for all major clearing banks and a wide variety of other lenders
- Be given early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships
- The ideal candidate would have NQ-4 PQE from a well-regarded firm with broad restructuring and insolvency experience
- Commercially-aware with technical excellence
- A strong team player with a client-focused approach
- Ability to work in a large team collaboratively on high profile projects
Apply now or feel free to give me a call for a confidential discussion.