Disputes Solicitor 1+PQE, Leading International Firm - Remote Working - 12 Month FTC
Your new company
Our client is a prestigious international Law Firm with a pioneering global ALT business that harnesses the firm's key legal and client technology expertise around the world to offer cost-efficient legal products and technology services for clients.
Their ALT team is a market leader in the use of technology assisted review for e-disclosure in the UK and they're now recruiting a number of Litigation (Dispute) Lawyers with 1YR+ PQE to join their dynamic team. Whilst the role would be working with their Belfast team, the role can be done remotely therefore they are keen to hear from candidates at any location within the UK. Currently the roles will be offered on a 12-month fixed term contract basis however there may be future opportunities for these to be extended longer-term. You will be part of their legal team, working closely with Managers, Senior Solicitors, Solicitors, Trainees and Legal Analysts.
Your new team
With teams of lawyers, legal analysts and technologists located across the world, their ALT team are able to provide a seamless round-the-clock service across a wide range of products and services including Banking, Construction, Energy, Infrastructure, Mining, Government, Technology, Media and Telecommunications, Real Estate and Wealth and Asset Management. They advise some of the world's most influential organisations, undertake pioneering work on the biggest cases and deals and develop innovative approaches on international pro bono and citizenship initiatives. The ALT Disputes team are experienced in complex large-scale document review, sensitive and time critical investigations and regulatory matters, consumer claims management and large scale remediation schemes. They are experts in complex review elements including legal professional privilege, commercial sensitivity and data protection working across all industry sectors including financial services, energy, retail, TMT and construction.
Your new role
In your new role you will be involved with;
* Conducting document review, due diligence or other practice area-specific fee-earning work (there will be target average daily chargeable hours)
* Conducting claims management for major corporate entities.
* Conducting case assessments in respect of claims arising out of Group Litigation Orders and Remediation schemes.
* On appropriate projects, as required, working directly with other practice groups in the firms global network to deliver high quality support to clients and internal legal teams.
* On appropriate projects, as required, supervising Trainees or Legal Analysts in relation to individual matters, dealing with complex legal matters or generally as directed by Senior Solicitors, Managers or Senior Managers of the Disputes practice group.
* Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of areas of law relevant to the practice.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have 1+ years' PQE working in commercial litigation OR 1+ years' PQE gained working within personal injury, with experience in assessing recoverability and quantum in complex personal injury cases. You will be a qualified solicitor or barrister in England and Wales or Northern Ireland, but Republic of Ireland or other common law jurisdictions will also be considered. (If not qualified in England and Wales then willing to complete process to requalify as such, if required).
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary, excellent package of benefits and working from home solutions are all on offer for you here.
Please contact Harriet Chapman at Hays Legal in complete confidence for further information on this opportunity. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.