NQ - 3PQE Solicitor - Corporate Tax and Incentives - Bristol
Our client have an excellent opportunity for a tax/incentives NQ Solicitor to join their specialist team in Bristol. The team advise on all UK taxes including corporation tax, VAT and SDLT and deal with a national client base. The firm are very supportive and further specialist training will be provided to enable you to achieve your career aims.
Your new role
As a Corporate Tax and Incentives specialist, you will play an active role in developing the practice further. You will be tasked with undertaking business development initiatives for existing and potential clients and actively cross-selling practices. As a Corporate Tax and Incentives Solicitor you can expect to:
- provide work closely with the Tax and Incentives team head as well as the lawyers in the corporate tax team, which forms part of the same group.
- lead projects (with appropriate supervision) and handle client relationships (both internally and externally).
- be driven, enthusiastic and a personable individual with strong experience and credentials.
- actively engage and drive forward business development and supported in taking responsibility for the development of areas of the practice
The Ideal Candidate
- Broad understanding of UK corporation tax, VAT and stamp duty land tax
- Corporate support in drafting and negotiating tax provisions in share purchase and asset purchase agreements (including tax covenants and tax warranties)
- Exposure to real estate transactions and the tax implications thereof
- Experience in implementing most types of employee share plan for both private and listed companies
- Experience in dealing with the maturity of employee share plans in M&A
- In depth knowledge of the tax regime applying to employee share plans and the principles of trust and corporate law
- Our clients and our employees would describe us as energetic, entrepreneurial & driven and we would expect the same from any successful candidate
- An ability to give succinct legal and tax advice in an efficient manner whilst understanding (and anticipating) the commercial needs and objectives of the client.
What you'll get in return
You will work for a company that prioritises investment in its staff, giving you all the support you need as you continue your career. With a strong team to collaborate with, a market leading salary and excellent training programme, this is a fantastic platform to do so.
Please contact Harriet Chapman at Hays Legal in complete confidence for further information on this opportunity.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.