Commercial Property Executive Administrator, Commercial Conveyancing, Administration, Land Registry, Admin, Legal, Legal Assistant, Permanent, PrestonCommercial Property Executive Administrator
is required by a market leading Firm of solicitors with offices in Lancashire and Cumbria servicing both business and private clients, based in their Preston office.
The highly-established firm is an employer of choice because they have a culture that challenges the conventional law firm approach and focusses their energy on getting great results for their clients, while attracting and developing brilliant people.
The core purpose of the role is to undertake all departmental administration and the
majority of non-chargeable tasks to allow fee earners to dedicate their time to chargeable
client work. The successful candidate will be proactive, an excellent communicator and
demonstrate the organisational skills of a great PA.
The role offers a great opportunity for career progression into fee earning work. The Role & Responsibilities:
Required Skills & Experience:
- Downloading Land Registry documents;
- Preparation of SDLT Returns;
- Obtaining conveyancing searches;
- Preparation of Companies House charge registration applications;
- Preparation of posting slips and bills;
- Filing, photocopying and scanning documents;
- Binding documents;
- Dealing with outgoing post;
- File openings and closing;
- Archiving of documents;
- Call Validate checks and Compliance;
- Taking client enquiries when fee-earners are unavailable;
- Making client appointments for fee-earners;
- File management – i.e., WIP write offs, chasing unpaid bills;
- Updating Property critical dates calendar;
- Document drafting and amendments;
- Some dictation/typing.
- A knowledge of Commercial Property work is essential.
- Applicants should have the ability to work as part of the team, show flexibility in attitude and behaviour and have excellent organisational skills.
- A sound knowledge of Microsoft packages is essential, as is a high level of accuracy.
- A strong teamwork ethic, good communication skills, both written and oral, are very important for this role, as is the ability to be proactive.
- Experience of BigHand dictation and SOS case management system would be desirable.
About Klein Hamilton Recruitment Klein Hamilton are Legal & IT Securities specialist Recruiters, working with magic circle, silver circle, blue chip, fintech and dynamic SME businesses, who trust us in finding them the best talent. You can apply for our vacancies in confidence. We are a regulated employment agency and will discuss this vacancy with you and gain your permission prior to submission of application directly to the decision maker.
- Location: Preston
- Salary range (DOE): £18,000 to £21,000
- Job type: Permanent
- Experience: 1-2 years
- Job Section: Private Practice
- Working Hours: Monday – Friday (full-time)
- Reference: AT158
- Contact: Alex Thompson
Commercial Property Executive Administrator, Commercial Conveyancing, Administration, Land Registry, Admin, Legal, Legal Assistant, Permanent, Preston