Richard Griffiths & Co has offices in Chippenham, Salisbury, and New Milton (Hampshire). It is a multi-practice office which offers a comprehensive range of legal services to individuals and businesses across Wiltshire and Hampshire.
We are looking for someone to join our specialist team of lawyers and support staff dedicated to providing the highest standards of client care across the full range of Matrimonial / Family matters. We are particularly looking for someone with experience of dealing with Financial remedies.
RG&CO is an equal opportunities employer.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Arranging appointments and attending new, current and former clients and dealing with their queries including.
- Obtaining instructions and advising on course(s) of action, length and cost of case (as appropriate).
- Assessment of client’s financial means and explanation of Public Funding or Private terms and conditions.
- Making applications for Legal Aid or obtaining private funds as appropriate.
- Attending clients at Court.
- Drafting and/or dictating correspondence to client, court, solicitors counsel and other third parties, including Statements, Notices, Applications, and other Legal Forms/Documents.
- Instructing counsel, experts, solicitor advocates or other third parties, reviewing reports and continued liaison as required.
- Arranging hearings and conferences.
- Obtaining and reviewing evidence and statements.
- Negotiation on client’s behalf and, liaising with opponents, judges, etc. to obtain most preferable outcome for clients.
- Ensuring efficient day-to-day progress of all matters, prioritising work as necessary and keeping the client informed on progress.
- Filing documents to client files, dealing with closed files, and maintaining the firm’s closed file records.
- Day to day supervision and file review of all nominated supervisees (If appropriate)
- Compliance with the firm's policies and procedures.
- To ensure that all work carried out meets or exceeds the requirements of the LAA’s Standard Contract, the SRA Code of Conduct and meets Quality Mark standards.
- To record all work carried out accurately and appropriately on the firm’s computerised time recording system.
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills.
- Excellent IT skills, familiar with Microsoft Office applications and document management systems.
- Excellent client care skills and ability to deal with clients in a sensitive manner.
- Committed team player and capable of adapting well to new challenges.
- Professional pro-active approach.
- The ability to meet and exceed tight deadlines.
- Genuine passion for family law.
- Commercially minded with an eye to business development.
- Qualified Solicitor or ILEX Accredited ideally 3 year + PQE
- Must have a valid Practicing Certificate at the time of applying.
- Particular experience of dealing with Financial matters.
- Full clean Driving Licence essential.
- Have experience of dealing with Legal Aid.
- To hold a Family Panel membership is an advantage but not essential.