Associate/Senior Associate/Legal Director - Liverpool - Salary Negotiable
My client is a leading and award winning international commercial law with offices throughout the UK and Europe and the Far East. They are looking for an experienced Commercial Property solicitor for their Northern Offices.
Regularly working against and alongside City based and national firms, the team is a leading corporate practice in Liverpool, and this role will focus predominantly on M&A (mergers and acquisitions) work with some investment work (private equity and venture capital) as well.
Introduction to the team:
The corporate team has a presence in Liverpool, Manchester and London and offer the following services:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Private equity
- Equity capital markets
- Business sales
- Joint ventures
- Corporate reorganisations
- Supporting on mergers or acquisitions or disposal transactions for corporate clients
- Supporting/leading acquisition and disposal of business and assets and/or shares
- Supporting/leading due diligence exercises, data room reviews or management and disclosure processes (be it in relation to buy side legal due diligence work or sell side legal disclosure work).
- Preparation and finalisation of disclosure letters and supporting bundles.
- Supporting on and reviewing investment documents either acting for investing institutions or management teams on PE backed transactions.
- Drafting and negotiating the terms of transaction ancillary documents (such as completion board minutes, deeds of waivers, resignation letters, Companies House forms etc.)
- General corporate work including corporate restructurings, shareholders agreements, joint ventures, and limited liability partnership agreements, specifically drafting the principal documents.
- Assisting with business development and tenders including (where appropriate) research about clients and targets
- Opportunities for early exposure to clients.
- Law degree (or equivalent)
- Demonstrable experience as a Corporate Associate
- Proven experience of corporate transactional work
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Some experience in supporting and developing client relationships.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise.
- Proficient in use of document management systems
Benefits of working for the firm include but not limited to; generous holiday allowance plus buy and sell, medical and dental insurance, childcare vouchers, pension, and season ticket loans. Home working is also a strong possibility for this role.
If this is a role that sounds of interest to you, please send your CV across to Simon at Clayton Legal on the link provided or alternatively call Clayton Legal to enquire about other opportunities. Please ensure before applying you have the prerequisite experience outlined above.
Clayton Legal recruits for law firms and In-House departments across the UK. Based in the North West, our pedigree and service levels give those looking to move in the legal market and law firms looking to recruit a refreshingly different recruitment experience. You will work with experienced professionals, dedicated to your success. Look at our web site www.clayton-legal.co.uk for our latest blogs and legal news and to keep up to date with current vacancies