Locum Data Protection Officer - 30 hour per week
Our Local Authority client is looking to recruit an experienced information governance lawyer on an ongoing locum basis. The successful candidate will take on the responsibilities of a Data Protection Officer on behalf of the council.
- Supporting Corporate IG leads across the Council on adhering to the processes for completing DPIAs and logging Information Security Incidents and hosting monthly meetings of IG leads
- Producing 6 weekly reports for FOIs, SARs and Information Security incidents to the Information Management Group and Corporate Management team (with support from colleagues in legal)
- Keeping Corporate IG policies under review
- Assisting in the roll out of Software module for the automation of the process for dealing with FOI requests.
This role will be fully remote
- Legally qualified
- Experienced within public sector information governance including data protection and FOI
- Available to work between 25- 30 hours per week
- Available on very short notice
If you would like further information about the role of Data Protection Officer please contact Natalie Ferguson in our Manchester office.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website