LEGAL EXECUTIVE or CILEX EXPERIENCED PARALEGAL training towards becoming a Chartered Legal Executive wanted now by Legal & Contract Services Ltd (LCS), to join their legal team at their Head Office in Dawlish.
LCS is a long established and progressive legal company, with clients throughout England & Wales, specialising in Wills, Trusts, Estate Administration, Probate, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Funeral Plans and other estate planning services.
Air-conditioned offices, free parking, Hours are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday. No out of hours or weekend working unless by agreement.
Permanent position, potential for advancement. Company Pension Scheme.
Title Chartered Legal Executive / CILEX Student
Purpose To effectively assist in the day to day administration of the Probate and Executor Support department
• To assist in the handling of Executor Support/Estate administration files and to manage own caseload as required to include the preparation of probate applications, preparation of estate accounts and distribution of estate assets and all work generally in connection with estate administration
• To provide a polite, courteous, empathetic and client focused contact to clients in responding to incoming telephone enquiries
• To treat all communications and conversations with the utmost confidentiality
• To ensure that all calls are logged and recorded in the appropriate files
• To manage and process all documentation as required by the Legal Department Manager
• To manage and control the retrieval and storage of the will instruction documents in connection with deceased estates
• To manage and process the retrieval and storage of archived completed deceased estates files whether under Lifetime Services or otherwise
• To keep all records up to date and to keep the Legal Department Manager up to date on any issues requiring progress on a daily basis
• Researching documents and case history to ensure the accuracy of advice and procedure
• Drafting documents as required and checking those documents prior to execution
• Acting on behalf of clients in estate administration
• To answer the Legal Department mobile and landline telephones as and when required
• To keep up-to-date with changes and developments in the law and taxation matters by reading journals and other periodicals
• Any other related duties which the Legal Department Manager and the Directors may reasonably require of you from time to time
• Legal Department Manager and in her absence the Managing Director
• To receive all training as directed and any training required to ensure that all legislation is complied with including any continuing professional development requirements of any professional body that the post holder is affiliated to
• To be prepared to receive and undertake any training required for the effective completion of the tasks set and to develop additional skills.
If you have experience in Estate Administration and Estate Planning services then
APPLY NOW by emailing our Managing Director, Tim Clegg, at firstname.lastname@example.org , and remember to attach your cv.