Restructuring & Insolvency Junior Associate: The R&I group continues to expand offering an opportunity for a junior associate to be a part of wider Finance Group at this Top 20 UK firm. They are recognised for their cutting-edge work within the financial services, aviation and technology sector.
A leader in the technology domain, this international firm continues to ride high on the tech boom waves. The impressive run of growth coincided with the firm's move in 2016 into a gleaming new London office. Despite the 2020 pandemic, revenue increased again this year by 5.3% and accelerating forward. This Top 20 practice acts for corporations, professionals and individuals, focusing on helping multi-national corporations being changed by technology and the digital world. With offices across Europe, the Middle-East, and Asia-Pacific; the international team is always on hand to provide world-class, innovative solutions to their clients worldwide.
Their technical excellence recognises this Top 20 firm in Corporate & Commercial, Outsourcing, Dispute Resolution, Intellectual Property & Data Privacy and Aviation. Their world-class expertise spans across global sectors in Media, Healthcare, Energy, Retail & Consumer, and Technology & Communications.
As a global firm, they seek ambitious individuals who are keen to progress. The culture provides all their staff with world-class support; with a commitment to maintaining an inclusive work environment. Agile working and work-life balance is something the firm actively promotes.
The firm seeks a Restructuring & Insolvency Junior Associate to join their multi-award winning practice in their City of London office.
The Restructuring & Insolvency team is highly ranked on the Legal 500 and Chambers. This position will sit in between the Corporate and Finance group; with access to the very best national and international work, increasingly involved in complex, high-value restructuring, bank-led work, and advisory - they are recognised as experts by Chambers and Legal 500.
The restructuring group regularly acts for all major clearing banks and a variety of other lenders. Recent work includes; advising a global bank on the financing of a hotel group.
You will be:
- Involved in complex, high-value restructuring projects at an early stage in the financial decline curve, to innovative solutions
- Advising Financial Institutions, turnaround and insolvency practitioners, company directors, shareholders, and other stakeholders on recovery and turnaround strategies.
- Investigate causes of company failure and pursue claims against those responsible.
- Acting for all major clearing banks and a wide variety of other lenders.
- Be given early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships.
- The ideal candidate would have 1-3 PQE in a City firm with broad financial restructuring experience. Transactional, bank-led work will be advantageous
- Commercially-aware with technical excellence
- A strong team player with a client-focused approach
- Ability to work in a large team collaboratively on high profile projects
This is an exceptional opportunity for a Restructuring & Insolvency Associate to join an award-winning Legal 500 ranked practice within a Top 20 International firm at their City of London office.