Derivatives Senior Associate: Acting for investment banks, asset managers, pension schemes, funds and corporates. This top 20 Law firm offers the right platform for an unparalleled client roster and access for international secondment opportunities.
In the last 25 years, this firm has grown organically and become a global giant, to an elite corporate law firm. Regularly advises on billion-dollar deals and high profile, complex cases on behalf of the world's most powerful corporations and financial institutions. The firm's global footprint spans across 50+ offices whether operating locally or across borders from Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
This progressive Top 10 global firm is unique in its multi-jurisdictional project management approach.
The innovative culture and cutting-edge system set the firm apart from their competitors - leading as experts in many sectors covering financial institutions, energy and natural resources, consumer, TMT, real estate, health and life sciences, public sector and transport. You will have the opportunity to work on high quality cross-border, complex matters with large multi-national corporations.
The firm adopts a contemporary vision, where people, culture and attitude to change are the fundamental business values. Quality is a personal pride across the firm, and staff of the highest calibre are recruited and retained, working together in a collaborative and supportive environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Derivatives Senior Associate (4+ PQE) to join this Top 20 firm and be a part of the wider Finance group.
The Derivatives & Structured Products team specialise across a diverse range of products and services. Covering both transactional and advisory work, they act for investment banks, asset managers, pension schemes, funds and corporates.
The Role will include:
- Negotiation of trading documentation including ISDA Master Agreements, GMRAs and GMSLAs
- Advice in relation to financial collateral arrangements (including negotiation of ISDA collateral documentation, account control agreements and custody agreements)
- Advice in relation to regulatory compliance (with a particular focus on EMIR, SFTR and MiFIR) together with associated agreements such as delegated reporting agreements and adherence to related ISDA Protocols
- Negotiation of client clearing agreements
- Advising prudentially regulated entities on their regulatory capital requirements including recognition of netting/collateral arrangements
- You will have at least 4PQE in a City/international Derivatives team.
- You will have experience of products and services in the Derivatives market.
- Strong understanding of the wider Financial Services industry.
- Good knowledge of Products and Services within Derivatives & Structured Products.
- Strong academics and naturally entrepreneurial.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Senior associate to join the Derivatives team in their City of London Headquartered office.