Our client is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK, and they're seeking a 3-5 years PQE Solicitor to join their market leading Employment, Pensions and Immigration team. This department advises employers across the UK on all aspects of employment, pensions and immigration law, and their clients are some of the UK's largest and best known employers.
The successful Employment, Immigration and Pension Solicitor will manage a mixed caseload of employment work, and provide HR employment law advice to clients, and the main responsibilities will involve:
* Managing a mixed caseload of employment work almost exclusively for employers
* Providing HR and employment law advice to a wide range of clients
* Assisting other members of the team with their caseloads as appropriate
* Drafting and preparing letters, e-mails, documents, tribunal responses, bundles, witness statements and reports
* Carrying out legal research
* Drafting articles and legal updates
* Assisting with business development initiatives including training and networking
* Working in accordance with client and internal SLAs, & the firm's values and procedures
* Contributing towards the achievement of defined financial and chargeable hours team targets
* Complying with Data Protection compliance and procedures
If experience allows, conducting advocacy in the Employment Tribunal from preliminary hearings to multi-day final hearings would also be included in the above responsibilities.
To be successful in the role, the ideal Solicitor will have a minimum of 3 years PQE within employment/HR, demonstrable experience acting for a range of employers across a range of sectors, and have advocacy experience or a willingness to undertake advocacy in the employment tribunal.