Compliance Advisor - Flexible Location - Salary Negotiable
My client is a large and well-known group that is a holding company of various legal practices regulated by the SRA. They are now looking to recruit an experienced Compliance Advisor to join their business. The successful candidate can be based out of any other firms' offices.
Purpose of the role:
- Assist and supporting the team by undertaking a range of tasks which underpin the Group risk and compliance strategy.
- Pro-actively raising the profile of risk and compliance and promoting a compliance culture.
- Assisting in developing implementing, maintaining, and enhancing applicable policies, procedures, and controls of the organisation.
- Researching and advising on various compliance issues and responding to ad hoc queries from
the Group in relation to these areas.
- Providing expert guidance on the application of applicable regulation and internal policies in
particular with respects to client and matter inception process, conflicts, and financial crime
- Assisting with claims and complaints management where required
Candidates must be or have most (if not all) of the following:
- Similar experience within a law firm.
- An understanding of law firm operations and the compliance framework within which they operate.
- The ability to work at a Group level and working alongside a diverse collection of brands.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to command respect quickly but avoiding confrontation.
- The ability to build strong working relationships with key individuals.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- A positive, ambitious attitude.
- A pragmatic problem solver.
- Reliable, committed, loyal and hardworking.
- IT literate and capable.
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
Additional notes or information
This role may require travel to various Group offices as required to fulfil the responsibilities. The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not exhaustive and are subject to change in accordance with the needs of the Group.
If this is a role that sounds of interest to you, please send your CV across to Simon at Clayton Legal on the link provided or alternatively call Clayton Legal to enquire about other opportunities. Please ensure before applying you have the prerequisite experience outlined above.
Clayton Legal recruits for law firms and In House departments across the UK. Our pedigree and service levels give those looking to move in the legal market, and law firms looking to recruit a refreshingly different recruitment experience. You will work with experienced professionals, dedicated to your success. Take a look at our web site www.clayton-legal.co.uk for our latest blogs and legal news and to keep up to date with current vacancies.