Personal Assistant (PA)| Leeds | Employment & CDR | Salary Negotiable
As a professional PA with many years' experience your positive approach to problem solving will ensure you are an asset to the team, playing your part in enabling networking events and other client projects to run smoothly. With a high level of problem-solving skills and a strong sales/commercial understanding you will have the opportunity to lead significant projects as well as having influence over the content.
This position will be embedded within the legal team(s) to provide proactive administrative support as well as high level PA support to the partners. The position will assist our partners and legal directors with their business development, and administration support as required, and will play a key role in helping to drive all marketing and business development initiatives.
- Providing a high-level PA support to our partners and legal directors as required. Awareness of their key priorities, clients and targets is essential to be able to effectively manage their time and commitments.
- Management of complex diaries with often conflicting priorities.
- There is an element of client management where the PA will be the first port of call for client enquiries, when making appointments and dealing with any specific requirements.
- Manage any actions that come out of the partners' relationship manager review meetings.
- Support partners with any specific firm wide initiatives or objectives they may be leading.
- Proactively be on top of any client review meetings.
- Any general ad-hoc administrative tasks for partners and legal directors.
- Ensure our partners have the IT support they need to fulfil their roles.
- To be completely integrated into legal teams, understand how they work, what services they need and what needs improving.
- Preparation of paperwork and attendance at weekly team meetings, ensuring any actions are taken and followed up on.
- Proactive approach with lawyers by planning in advance for significant work activities.
- Delegating appropriate administration tasks to secretarial administrators.
- Work with the partners and legal directors to ensure that they are maximising BD opportunities with current clients or target clients and updating our CRM system to reflect developments. This includes scheduling regular relationship reviews, lunches and any additional 1:1 meetings.
- Ensuring that partners deliver on any actions allocated to them and that, where appropriate, meetings and any follow ups are diarised to enable outcomes.
Desired skills and experience
- Previous PA experience of working in a law firm or other professional services environment.
- A willingness to innovate and think laterally.
- Good academic background educated to graduate level or equivalent professional experience.
- High degree of initiative, pro-activity and practical problem-solving skills, along with a willingness to take ownership for the completion of tasks or projects.
- A client focussed approach with well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to provide professional and appropriate first drafts of short correspondence, documents and slide packs.
- Excellent organisation skills, with the ability to cope with a wide range of demands and changing priorities.
If this is a role that sounds of interest to you, please send your CV across to Simon at Clayton Legal on the link provided or alternatively call Clayton Legal to enquire about other opportunities. Please ensure before applying you have the prerequisite experience outlined above.
Clayton Legal recruits for law firms and In House departments across the UK. Our pedigree and service levels give those looking to move in the legal market, and law firms looking to recruit a refreshingly different recruitment experience. You will work with experienced professionals, dedicated to your success. Take a look at our web site www.clayton-legal.co.uk for our latest blogs and legal news and to keep up to date with current vacancies.