Legal Counsel 3-6 Month FTC - Bristol - Full or Part time
Opportunity to join this well-known business as a Legal Counsel for a 3-6 month fixed term contract role. This position will be remotely based initially with a requirement to be in the office a few days per week later in the year (COVID permitting)! The company are flexible regarding working patterns and part-time applications are also welcomed. Working alongside the Senior Legal Counsel and forming part of a legal team, you will find yourself working in a fast-paced environment, providing commercial support and advice on a wide variety of non-contentious and contentious issues to internal and external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include:-
- Draft, review and advise on complex commercial agreements across the business
- Advise on standard terms and make continuous improvements to the standard templates used by the business, identifying opportunities to systemise legal process and empower business units to manage routine legal matters.
- Provide tailored advice in respect of supply of goods and services, trade-marks, data protection, employment, real property, licensing, marketing and other regulatory matters.
- Manage, review and protect the existing trade mark portfolio, working collaboratively with the business to manage brand protection and to provide tailored advice to the business.
- Support in the creation of legal policies and assist in designing, implementing and securing adherence to competence and training procedures across the business.
This role will suit a qualified lawyer with experience gained in commercial contracts who is comfortable briefing senior management on significant legal issues. You will ideally have knowledge or experience of advising on trade marks, real property or licensing matters. This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful vibrant business and collegiate high calibre legal team. You will gain excellent experience and get some good exposure to really interesting work.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, contact Harriet Chapman at Hays Legal for further information. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.