We are working with a leading commercial law firm based in Manchester who are ranked in the top 200 UK firms. They would like to add a junior Corporate lawyer to their team who is NQ to 2 PQE.
This is a firm is who are known for their excellent work and great work-life balance. Lawyers are well-supported by market leading Partners and encouraged to progress, making this a superb opportunity for career progression.
We would like to hear from you if you are an ambitious junior lawyer wanting to embrace a rewarding career within corporate law. If you really enjoy being professionally challenged and working on leading transactional M&A cases, this is the role for you.
It will include, but not limited to the following:
- Assisting on transactional, M&A work: reviewing and reporting on due diligence if acting for a buyer; collating responses to due diligence if acting for a seller and then going through the warranties to draft the disclosure letter; drafting and finalising ancillary documents; moving towards drafting / reviewing SPAs for smaller transactions
- AIM / plc work: primarily verification of investor presentations / admission documents and otherwise generally assisting on placings / admissions.
- Reorganisation work: drafting documentation to effect share exchanges / buy backs / hive acrosses / s110 reorganisations / dividends in specie under supervision initially
- General company law advice, which will include: shareholders agreements; bespoke articles of association (including for "FICs"); AGM notices for plcs; corporate authorities by way of property / banking support; general company law advice and implementation.
- Non fee earning work: drafting articles and assisting with precedents with the team as a whole.
You are not expected to have experience in all the above, but have a good appreciation of what is involved in corporate M&A work.
This is an excellent firm for a junior lawyer to continue their career, they have a strong, open, transparent and collegiate culture where everyone works as a team and before lockdown enjoyed plenty of after work activities!
If this Corporate position is of interest, please click 'apply'. If you would prefer to have a chat before applying, then get in touch with Tim Batchelor at our Manchester desk to get the ball rolling. PQE and salary levels are for guidance only.
Tim is one of the senior consultants at Thornton Legal with a stellar reputation in the Manchester legal market. He works closely with associates, senior associates, legal directors and partners who are looking to make moves across private and commercial practices areas. Tim is regularly instructed as a preferred recruitment partner and often handles vacancies not advertised on-line.