My client has a great opportunity for a 4 years PQE Senior Litigator or Solicitor/Chartered Legal Executive to join their reputable and friendly PI team.
Reporting to the Head of the team, the successful PI Solicitor will manage a varied caseload mainly comprising Fast Track general Personal Injury to include Employers Liability/Public Liability and Road Traffic Accidents with a small proportion of Multi Track claims. The caseload will include litigated cases. The candidate will be expected to handle claims from the initial consultation with the client until conclusion.
The department comprises 1 Partner, 1 Associate, 3 fee earners and 4 support staff. The Partner is a member of the Law Society Personal Injury Panel and a Senior Litigator with APIL and the firm has corporate accreditation with APIL. They are a close-knit, supportive team that thrives on success and takes pride in being able to assist injured Claimants. There will be a genuine opportunity to be actively involved in the development of the department and for career progression.
1. To manage an agreed caseload of clients in consultation with the Head of Department; to include litigated cases. All cases are processed through the Proclaim Case Management System.
2. To discuss the claims process and funding arrangements with prospective new personal injury clients
3. To be able to work on a stand-alone basis with minimal supervision.
4. Be fully conversant with the MOJ Portal and be able to litigate cases up to Stage 3.
5. Be able to fully risk assess, make own decisions, consider medical evidence, assess quantum and negotiate settlements to ensure a swift settlement of cases.
6. To carry out all work in accordance with national standards, codes of conduct and quality assurance procedures.
7. To assist in the overall development of the Personal Injury Department.
1. Must have a good knowledge and experience of general personal injury claims to include the MOJ Portal up to Stage 3.
2. Assertive, articulate, co-operative and self-confident when dealing with clients
3. Ambitious, focused and driven individual
4. Pro-active and willing to work as part of a close-knit team
5. High level of interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skills
6. Experience of using a case management system
7. Knowledge and understanding of Conditional Fee Agreements and the funding of claims.
8. Experience of dealing with the public
9. An individual who wishes to provide added value to the LLP and contribute to the continued success of Eaton Smith LLP
If this is a role you will relish then please get in touch with me asap