The Riot Legal Team has the responsibility to constantly provide the highest quality legal services that fully align with Riot's company mission of putting players first. Figuring out what's "best for us" always begins with thinking about what's "best for players." Every policy or contract that we draft; every lawsuit that we file or defend against; every letter we send; and all the legal advice that we give to our partners is always done with our players' interests in mind.
As Legal Counsel EMEA (Employment), reporting to the Associate General Counsel, you'll support the EMEA business with a strong focus on employment law, from advice and counsel for the business to litigation support. You'll help the team keep its finger on the pulse of the changing legal landscape, and help Riot navigate any potential landmines across many of Riot's jurisdictions.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced lawyer to be the lead Employment lawyer for our business region. You will advise our business and talent teams on legal and strategic issues.
- We anticipate this role will have a 65-70% employment-related focus. The remainder will be general commercial legal work.
- Provide general support to Riot's talent team on multiple matters related to company policies, company training, recruiting practices, compensation practices, contingent workforce, and other employee relations matters.
- Working closely with senior leaders and business teams to provide advice on international regulations, working across multiple jurisdictions and cross-functionally with business teams to implement policies, and handling a variety of employment related legal disputes and inquiries.
- Contribute as a generalist on non-employment related legal matters, including commercial agreements and tech transactions, and other non-employment related matters. We anticipate the role will involve 30-35% general commercial legal support.
- University degree and legal qualification with the ability to practice law in at least one country in the EEA / UK region.
- 4+ years post qualification legal experience advising on employment law matters.
- Preferably a mix of corporate law firm and in-house experience.
- Multinational internet, technology or gaming industry background.
- Solid understanding of EU and UK regulatory trends with a strong focus on employment law and experience advising on the implementation of regulations working with business teams also a plus.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, collaborative spirit and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
- Medical and dental plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible benefits allowance to help Rioters live their best lives
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t meet every one of the requirements for a role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role to make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!