Lawyer – Commercial, Procurement and Projects
Location: Civic Offices Guildhall Walk Portsmouth
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £35,744 - £39,880 Per Annum
Closing date: 14 May 2021
At Portsmouth City Council we’re all about developing our staff, because we want to build a bigger and better city, but we need the best employees to do so.
With a little over 207,000 residents and 7,000 businesses throughout this city, this unitary authority’s main goal is to ensure the best care and development of all those within the city. From customer service to multi-million-pound projects, our residents are at the heart of everything we do.
Your New Role
We are looking for a skilled professional to join our legal team, to provide quality advice and support to all departments of the Council on a wide range of matters relating to procurement, commercial, and local government law.
The role will involve working closely with a range of departments across the council.
You will have your own case load consisting of a variety of procurement, projects, and contract matters.
What you’ll need to succeed
You need to have experience of preparing all necessary legal documentation in respect of routine / noncomplex cases using precedent documentation and assisting with complex work as part of a project team as required and be able to work on more complex matters, and demonstrate an interest in developing inter-disciplinary legal skills.
What you’ll get in return
An excellent package of benefits, including:
- Flexible working hours;
- Excellent working environment;
- Membership to a fantastic pension – the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- Up to 30 days' annual leave;
- 12 days' additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements);
- Option to buy up to 10 days' additional annual leave;
- Staff discounts for travel/ local concessions;
- Cycle to work / car benefit scheme;
- Season ticket loans;
- Discounted membership at a multi-site leisure centres within the city of Portsmouth.
- Opportunity for remote working but there will be a need to come into the office on occasions.