My client is a financial services organisation who are looking to hire an in-house interim litigation lawyer for an initial period of c. 6 months with a view that should things go well, there could be scope to become a permanent employee. They have Central London based offices and will be offering flexible working.
The role is one of an in-house litigation specialist that will be required to:
- Process significant amounts of evidence including collecting statements and information gathering;
- Distil a number of cases into various heads of claim;
- for each case draft a brief for particulars of claim for external counsel to review;
- Case manage multiple matters;
- Appoint, instruct and manage external counsel; and
- Work with barristers that will be instructed by external counsel to do the court advocacy.
Qualifications and Experience
- English law qualified with at least 5 years PQE
- Good University degree (class 2.1)
- Strong litigation experience in both Cyber-Dependent and Cyber-Enabled Crimes
- Practical experience of Crown Prosecution procedures and Civil Litigation practices in England against individuals, corporate and governmental agencies
- Scottish law experience is desirable, but not a pre-requisite.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually.
If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained. LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.