Criminal duty solicitor
Leading criminal defence practice in Ipswich looking to recruit dedicated and experienced solicitor for permanent position.
We are a well established high street crime only defence practice. We offer representation from the police station through to the Youth court, Magistrates court and Crown court. We deal with all areas of law from motoring to murder. We are LEXCEL accredited and regulated by the solicitors regulation authority.
- A duty solicitor responsible for all aspects of criminal work dealing with the full range of criminal defence cases both servicing private and legally aided clients.
- To manage complex and sensitive cases. Taking instructions, advising clients, drafting documents, collating evidence.
- Representing clients detained at the police station (including out of hours) and conducting advocacy in the courts.
- Key skills:
- Duty and police station accredited
- Higher rights of advocacy qualifications will be an advantage although not necessary.
- Must have clean, valid practicing certificate at time of application
- Must have working knowledge of public funded crime work and costing and have ability to service privately funded work
- Have excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Have extensive experience in handling a criminal defence caseload
- Have competent IT skills
- 20 days annual leave
- Practising certificate renewed annually
- Professional membership fees paid for
- Compulsory courses paid for
- DBS check costs paid for
- Car parking paid for annually
On offer is an attractive salary package, including competitive overtime payments for out of hours police station attendance in a supportive team environment.