An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Fee Earner to join my client, a Top 100 law firm, in their Commercial Litigation team based in Leeds.
The successful candidate will join, learn and be mentored by an "outstanding" team of Partners who have exceptional client relationships.
In this role, the Fee Earner will be working on a wide range of disputes, both for commercial entities and private individuals. The types of dispute may include: professional negligence claims, financial services disputes, contractual disputes, inheritance and private wealth litigation, director and shareholder disputes, partnership disputes, and enforcement of employee restrictive covenants, to name only a few.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
* Open files for new clients through the contractual client-engagement process
* Take instructions from clients and advise accordingly
* Review client documentation and advise
* Instruct counsel
* Prepare and issue court proceedings
* Undertake document reviews for large-scale litigation on e-disclosure software
* Liaise with clients to obtain information required to complete both standard and bespoke documentation
* Take statements from witnesses
* Contribute to upkeep of databases
* Develop subject area specialisms
* Interact with other units across the firm to develop a work generating network
* Produce personal development plan and take part in the team's marketing activities
Skills and Attributes
* The ideal candidate will have c.1-4 years PQE or equivalent
* Will have developed strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Will be flexible to travel to other office locations if required (Newcastle and Manchester)
* Will have the ability to innovate and draw commercial solutions
The successful candidate can expect to be offered a competitive salary and a range of other benefits including pension scheme, bonus scheme and a range of flexible benefits such as life assurance, holiday purchase.