Our client is an outstanding mid-sized, full-service law firm with its heart in Liverpool and the surrounding areas.
They are looking to recruit a Court of Protection Solicitor for its specialist Court of Protection Team.
Court of Protection Solicitors or Solicitors who currently undertake a more general Private Client caseload and are looking to specialise in Court of Protection work are welcomed.
The role is to provide specialist Court of Protection advice to clients.
You would be responsible for your own caseload as well as providing assistance to other lawyers in the team with the day to day administration of all aspect of Court of Protection work to include:
- Applications for the appointments of deputies
- Statutory will applications
- The ongoing administration of the financial affairs of individuals who lack mental capacity
- Assisting in the management of a client's property and financial affairs, including; liaising with a number of professionals such as members of the litigation team, case managers, therapists and financial advisors
- Assisting with the preparation of accounts and annual deputyship reports
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team that is highly regarded in the industry and has grown steadily over the last two years.
The Ideal Candidate
- A qualified Solicitor with Court of Protection experience
- Excellent technical knowledge
- The ability to demonstrate a clear enthusiasm and passion for Court of Protection work
N/B Candidates who currently undertake a more general Private Client caseload and are looking to specialise in Court of Protection work are welcomed.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary dependent upon level of C of P experience
- Generous benefits package
- Flexible working/Part time considered
- Clear career progression prospects
- Friendly and collegiate team
- City centre location
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply through the advert or contact Nick Tappin at Thornton Legal directly.