In House Solicitor
Up to 6PQE
A rare and exciting opportunity for an in house Solicitor has arisen at a hugely reputable company, whose head office and legal function is located in Cardiff. Whilst currently working remotely, this role will involve working directly with the Head of Legal and so the successful candidate will need to be able to attend the Cardiff office. This head office role, will involve providing legal advice and support to operating entities based in Europe, US and Japan and is thus a really exciting role for any junior lawyer looking to move in house.
This is some of what you’ll be doing:
- Drafting and reviewing commercial contracts including supplier contracts, customer terms and conditions, data license agreements, IT contracts (SaaS, software and hardware leasing/ licensing etc), loan agreements, inter-company finance agreements, data sharing/ processing agreements, legal policies and procedures. Legal support in commercial property matters, lease negotiation etc.
- Data protection and privacy knowledge is desirable. Providing legal support to Group Head of Legal, Chief Data Officer and DPO in building/ maintaining appropriate internal and external data sharing structure, data protection guidance to global business and maintaining and preparing appropriate documentation and policies to ensure continued data protection compliance.
- Providing legal guidance, advice and support to sales operations in UK, Europe, USA and Japan.
- Working with international data team to draft and build bespoke global data partner licence agreements and ensure appropriate data protection mechanisms are in place.
- Assisting Group Head of Legal with group restructures, financing arrangements, M&A & strategic alliances.
- Assisting Group Head of Legal with shareholder management and company secretarial.
- Providing legal support for new country set up and new product launches.
- Assisting Group Head of Legal in management of Group IP.
- Keeping abreast of legislation changes and advising business accordingly.
At this company, culture fit and ethos is key and work life balance really is promoted and encouraged here.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- A qualified Solicitor or Lawyer
- Experience already working in house is desirable but private practise candidates will also be considered
- Experience in dealing with commercial contracts is essential
- Some knowledge of competition law is desired but not required.
- A knowledge of IP would be advantageous, as would experience in data contracts
- Should be commercially aware and astute
- A personable individual who can deal with third parties and other professionals
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work autonomously
This is what you’ll get in return
- A higher than market average salary for this PQE range
- Job security working for one of Wales’ reputable businesses
- A supportive team, working specifically alongside the Head of Legal
- Stunning Cardiff bay location
- Flexi working is encouraged.
Are you up for the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role - then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Sarah Castle.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*