The firm is unique, and they need to set up a costs function. Established by international lawyers with particular expertise in group litigation, they have managed some of the most significant claims in UK legal history. The firm is also at the cutting-edge of group consumer claims. They have now grown globally, expanding their London offices and going into Europe and the United States.
The firm puts people at the forefront of everything - they commit to their employees:
- to be fair and transparent with pay review processes;
- to offer opportunities for internal promotion;
- to provide everyone with a fair and structured review process;
- to provide a learning environment that supports employees in becoming experts in their roles; and
- to give all of their people opportunities to influence and improve how they work.
The Role: Senior Associate (Costs and Litigation Funding) London
This position will be instrumental in guiding the business on all costs related matters.
Reporting to the Legal Director, this role is crucial for the firm. The firm is going through a fascinating period of growth and change that needs an experienced Costs Lawyer to lead costs across their cases, from emissions to medical product liability to international environmental protection.
As such, this is a chance for an experienced Costs Lawyer / Senior Law Costs Draftsperson to join a large international law firm specialising in Group Litigation domestically and internationally.
The firm wants to find someone keen to enhance and improve processes while working autonomously and collaboratively with the senior management team.
Experience in start-up environments would be beneficial, not essential.
If you are able to bring a small team with you, that is a bonus.
The firm is open to flexible working setups.
- Guide all day-to-day internal costs functions
- Guide monthly in-house billing
- Manage all costs relating to litigations, reporting to the Management Board and third-party funders
- Provide support and mentor junior members of staff
- Drafting High Value Complex Costs Budgets
- Preparing and filing Precedent R & Precedent T
- Preparing and filing Electronic Precedent S Bills of Costs
- Drafting and filing Points of Dispute/Replies
- Negotiating and attending CCMC's
- Preparing detailed Assessments and Application Hearings
- Presenting to the Management Board and third-party litigation funders
- 10+ years of experience as a Costs Lawyer
- Experienced in using Costmaster or similar programmes
- Knowledge of how to use case management systems such as Proclaim and Litify
- Excellent technical knowledge of the laws relating to litigation funding
Desirable experience (not a prerequisite):
- Experience of group litigation costs
- Experience within a start-up environment given the challenges that this can produce would be beneficial
All of this makes for an excellent opportunity for a Senior Costs Lawyer in the City of London.
Apply now, or call Charlie Simpkin at JMC Legal Recruitment for a confidential conversation.