In-house Academic Lawyer – Welsh Language – Cardiff
TSR Legal are proud to be partnering with global & award winning education and assessment training provider who are now seeking to appoint an in-house Academic Lawyer / Subject Head. This is a challenging and varied role which offers an exciting opportunity to be part of an academic team responsible for delivering a major new licensing examination.
You’ll help to deliver world-leading assessments by developing SQE1 & SQE2 questions in the Welsh Language, working as part of an existing academic team comprising the Academic Director, Academic Heads SQE1 and SQE2 and Subject Heads SQE1 and SQE2 in various disciplines to contribute to the content and quality of the final SQE assessments.
Your role will be primarily responsible for developing the SQE assessments, in particular the translation of SQE1 questions and SQE2 assessments into the Welsh language using standard translation methodology.
You will be working in conjunction with the Academic Heads in the following areas:
- Question and Assessment Development
- Recruitment and Training
- Assessment Windows and Quality Assurance
- Professional qualification as a Solicitor of England and Wales with up to date knowledge of law and legal practice
- Fluency and proficiency in the Welsh language including a formal
- Welsh language qualification
- The ability to use legal research databases proficiently
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including building strong and productive relationships with freelance question writers and assessors
- The ability to understand assessment methodology including its statistical aspects
- Significant professional experience of working through the medium of Welsh in the context of legal practice
- Experience of writing, marking and editing professional legal assessments & teaching and/or examining law
On offer is a competitive salary, clear pay structures, progression paths, and a comprehensive benefits package. The business is continuously evolving, so your career pathway will evolve too.
You’ll be joining an excellent globally recognised organisation that’s driven by a shared purpose, where everyone can succeed!
Contact Karen Jones, Director for a confidential discussion regarding this unique opportunity: Karen@tsrlegal.co.uk / 02920 388100