Goodwin PLC now seek a determined, proactive and commercially minded In-house Solicitor with 3+ PQE to join this dynamic and entrepreneurial company.
Joining one of Staffordshire’s globally recognised and diverse engineering company’s located in Stoke-on-Trent, you will be able to add value in a setting that provides stimulation, challenge and personal growth as well as a great place to work.
Purpose: Working often autonomously and reporting to General Counsel the post holder will provide precise, commercial and timely legal advice supporting the Goodwin Group in delivering its objectives, while preserving the legal and regulatory position, reputation and integrity of the organisation.
- Provide support on a range of commercial contract issues, compliance and governance matters.
- Assist with day-to-day ad-hoc legal matters.
- Ensure legal documents (policies, guidance notes, terms and conditions etc.) are maintained and accessible.
- Provide analysis of legal and compliance issues and problems.
- Provide research, factual information and guidance on legal and compliance questions or issues raised.
- Prepare initial drafts (e.g. legal documents, policies and guidance notes).
- Reviews documents for accuracy and legal content.
- Assist in the preparation and review of documents relating to transactions Goodwin is participating in – for example, when purchasing or selling goods, a dispute etc.
- 3+ years PQE Solicitor with experience and knowledge of contract and commercial law (e.g. sale of goods, NDA’s, distributor agreements), compliance matters, disputes, IPR etc.
- Possess excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to explain legal issues in a clear, concise and pragmatic manner at all levels.
- Excellent level of spoken and written English.
- Personable and able to adapt and work flexibly in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- You will work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Organised, efficient and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and prioritise their own workload.
This role will suit a hands-on and pragmatic legal practitioner with a keen interest in working in a diverse commercial environment, where really no two days are the same.
What’s on offer? Complimented by a highly competitive salary this is a real hands-on opportunity for the post holder to gain a high degree of commercial exposure and the ability to progress their career within a friendly and supportive setting.
Why Goodwin? As an entrepreneurial and customer focused organisation, there are many reasons to join the Goodwin team. We believe in hiring at the highest levels and encouraging a culture of collaboration and appreciation. As we continue to grow and expand our global business, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is a key ingredient to our continued and long-term success.