Senior Litigation Lawyer
- Full time permanent position
- Remote working with 1to 2 days a month travel
- Highly Competitive Package
Box Legal Limited is one of the foremost After the Event legal expenses insurance providers in the country. It has over 17 years of experience in the industry and it specialises in providing solicitors with After the Event legal expenses insurance products that are tailored to their needs.
We are currently looking for a senior lawyer to join our expanding team. The candidate will monitor high value clients insuring a volume of legal claims, including personal injury, financial mis-selling and clinical negligence, as well as advising on insurance issues and negotiating and drafting commercial agreements.
The ideal candidate will be a lawyer with experience of conducting commercial litigation or personal injury litigation within a solicitor’s practice and ideally with experience of issues arising in relation to ATE legal expenses insurance. Full training will be given.
This is an existing role within the company and you will be working remotely from home but expected to travel to North London/Central London for monthly team meetings. You will be working with an energetic, focussed and friendly team. This is an excellent role for someone who is hardworking, motivated and organised.
We would welcome the opportunity to discuss the position further with any interested candidates. For an informal, confidential chat, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a conversation.
- Discussing litigated claims with solicitors
- Monitoring solicitor performance and taking action when appropriate
- Drafting legal agreements
- Advising solicitors on their ATE compliance
- High level of solicitor contact on day-to-day policy issues
- Considering premium increases and ensuring solicitor reporting
- Ensuring policy claims are properly made
- Assessing Bespoke Policy and Top Up requirements and looking at premiums from information supplied
- Maintaining electronic records using our case management system – “Proclaim”
Working as part of a small team your role requires the following attributes:
- At least 7 years prior experience of litigation in a solicitor’s practice
- Good communication skills
- Ability to draft comprehensive agreements/commercial contracts
- Background knowledge of solicitor client care and compliance issues
- IT literate with specific knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word and Outlook
- Ability to adapt to change and to display initiative
- A good knowledge of Proclaim Case Management System
- After the Event legal expenses insurance experience
To apply please send your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com