This leading chemicals manufacturing company produces a wide range of chemicals; products that are used in some of the most critical applications across the globe. They make the fundamental raw materials for industry sectors such as automotive, building and construction, healthcare and medical, water treatment and many more.
With more than 4000 employees, this company has manufacturing, sales and marketing operations in numerous countries.
An extensive international supply chain complements its well-invested, global assets.
They seek an experienced lawyer 2- 5 PQE to join as their Legal Manager UK/Nordics - this role is to be based at their HQ in London.
The technical skills required include broad legal knowledge across corporate, commercial & contract law, private & public law including environmental law)
You will need strong drafting/negotiation skills - organisational skills are a given.
Additional European language abilities would be useful but are not a prerequisite for this role.
- Provide legal advice and counsel focusing on the full spectrum of commercial, operational and regulatory matters.
- Report to the General Counsel, working on a day to day basis for senior managers across the business
- The main focus will be on UK and Nordics but working with people from other national and cultural backgrounds
- Different legal and regulatory environments with constant legislative changes, with the added complexity due to the impact of Brexit
- Various strategies and projects related to the companies interest in sustainability
- General legal advice across corporate, commercial, operational and regulatory matters and researching/analysing around the rights and obligations affecting the business
- Negotiating and drafting commercial agreements and ensure compliance with competition law and other relevant laws/regulations
- Advice on M&A transactions and on commercial disputes/litigation
- Supervise corporate law and corporate housekeeping for the businesses UK companies
- Work with the General Counsel or directly with the business on the above legal issues
- Manage external legal counsel
- Share knowledge in a way that non-lawyers can understand
*All of the above makes this a genuinely unique role and a chance to join a fast-growing chemicals company as an In-House lawyer at their London office, available exclusively through JMC Legal Recruitment.*
Apply now, or call Charlie Simpkin at JMC Legal Recruitment for a confidential conversation!