Risk and Compliance Consultant
Setfords is a top 200 national law firm that provides lawyers with a unique platform to work as consultants under its brand. The firm has seen exceptional levels of growth and now has over 360+ lawyers working nationwide and over 100 support staff working centrally from the Guildford head office. We are seeking a Risk and Compliance Consultant to support our Head of Compliance.
- keeping our consultants up to date with the latest regulatory developments;
- answering questions and suggesting solutions to problems;
- client file reviews, audits and health checks;
- drafting policies, procedures and templates;
- completing SRA applications;
We’re looking for someone with experience of working in SRA / law firm compliance who:
- enjoys getting stuck into the detail and has a good working knowledge of the SRA Standards and Regulations. This is essential. Knowledge of anti-money laundering and / or GDPR best practice would also be helpful;
- is good at building relationships, remaining friendly and professional at all times;
- takes pride in what they do and enjoys bringing their individual strengths and personality into their work;
- strives on solving problems and finding commercial solutions to compliance challenges;
- will be comfortable taking ownership of their work, with the ability to self-motivate and work independently (given that this is a primarily home-based role);
- is IT competent, including the ability to work securely via a case management system, email and intranet.
Salary and hours
The salary band is potentially wide to reflect the breadth of candidates we would be interested to speak with. Offers will depend upon background but would be competitive. We are flexible in the hours which our team work and in where our people are based (within reason!).
How to apply
To apply simply send your CV and a covering email or letter explaining why you would like to work with us to email@example.com. Shortlisting shall commence on 12th July 2021. If you miss the deadline but think you’d be perfect for the role you can still drop us a line and we can update you on where we are in the process.
If you are already working in SRA compliance and would like a confidential chat about this role before applying please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please only apply if you have existing experience and knowledge relevant to this role. We are not interested in speaking with any recruitment or employment agencies, thank you.