Legal Cashier | South Yorkshire | Salary Negotiable
My client is an established practice the offer legal services in Sheffield and Chesterfield.
As a Legal Cashier, you will be part of the Accounts department and will report into the Financial Director. You will be tasked with processing account transactions, performing bank reconciliations, and ensuring full compliance with the SRA Accounts Rules.
Areas of Accountability:
- Statement checking and processing client monies.
- Processing client bills
- Authorising bank payments
- Performing bank reconciliations
- Cheque and card payment processing
- Identifying and liaising with suppliers
- Comply with internal and external compliance processes and regulations including Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Ensure relevant end of day reports are generated and saved Investigating and resolving unallocated payments.
In addition to the above you are required to undertake such duties as may reasonably be required of this role
What you will need to succeed:
A minimum of 2 years' experience in a legal cashiering team
- Ideally experience of all aspects of legal cashiering
- Ability to read and interpret client and office matter ledgers.
- Strong numeracy skills
- Competent IT user, especially Excel, but also Word and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a fast moving, high volume data inputting environment.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Proactive approach to all work tasks with fantastic time management skills.
- Ability to prioritise and multitask tasks accordingly.
If this is a role that sounds of interest to you, please send your CV across to Simon at Clayton Legal on the link provided or alternatively call Clayton Legal to enquire about other opportunities. Please ensure before applying you have the prerequisite experience outlined above.
Clayton Legal recruits for law firms and In-House departments across the UK. Based in the North West, our pedigree and service levels give those looking to move in the legal market and law firms looking to recruit a refreshingly different recruitment experience. You will work with experienced professionals, dedicated to your success. Look at our web site www.clayton-legal.co.uk for our latest blogs and legal news and to keep up to date with current vacancies.