Contracts Lawyer (6352)
The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them.
Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Contracts Lawyer to join our newly established Inhouse Legal Services team based in London on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing legal and procedural advice on contractual and procurement law alongside drafting contracts and contractual clauses (including JCT contracts), standard terms and conditions, management agreements, consultancy agreements and bespoke contracts.
You’ll not only be a knowledgeable contracts specialist, but you’ll also have great relationship-building and communication skills with a willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done. You’ll also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in all types of Contract Law.
- Experience of providing advice on Procurement Law and practice.
- Excellent legal drafting skills, particularly contracts.
- Ability to present information in a variety of forms to a high standard, including excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised and methodical with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of working to deadline and targets.
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrate the Guinness Behaviours.
- Qualified solicitor or barrister (qualified to practise in England) or CILEx Level 6 (Fellow)
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Click the Apply Now button to apply for this role.