Key Role Responsibilities and Tasks
The Jesus Fellowship Community Trust ('JFCT') is a large, property-owning trust, which for many years operated to provide the housing needs for the largest mixed, residential Christian community in the UK.
That community has now disbanded and the JFCT is consequently liquidating its property portfolio to provide for the needs of the Trust's beneficial members and, in conjunction with a top-tier national law firm, to deliver a redress scheme.
This redress scheme will provide meaningful recognition of various historic harms and abuse experienced by people, related to the history of the community and its associated church, the Jesus Fellowship. It will also provide a mechanism for settling related litigation against the Jesus Fellowship. See www.jesus.org.uk for more information.
You will be joining our Projects Team as part of this significant closure and national Redress Scheme. The Paralegal role will be to provide legal and administrative support to the Trust solicitors in the effective implementation and delivery of the Redress Scheme, with wider support from the Projects Team.
The post is being offered as a permanent contract, with the closure of the Jesus Fellowship and associated work on litigation and Redress Scheme currently estimated to conclude within a 3-year timeframe.
- Liaise with our Trust solicitors with regards to Redress application investigations
- Collecting and organising evidence and other important papers for Trust solicitors to review
- Keep documents and files organised in paper and/or electronic format
- Draft correspondence for Redress applicants and other parties
- Leading process projects for the Projects Team, streamlining the Redress administration processes
- Support Governance and Compliance Manager to ensure data protection and GDPR compliancy, in relation to the Redress Scheme and Trust closure
- Assist with NDA’s and other ad hoc agreements
- Attend to clerical tasks, such as photocopying, making and receiving phone calls, and fielding correspondence
- Support for other JFCT closure teams (property divestments and resident transitions), that may arise from time-to-time
- Other duties that may arise from time-to-time, in relation to the delivery of the Redress Scheme
- Adhere to all Trust policies and procedures
- Participate in appraisal and performance related meetings as requested
Skills and Abilities
- An attentive eye to detail, with strong writing, numerical and communication skills
- Strong drafting and analytical skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Exceptional time management skills required
- Law degree or alternative legal qualification desirable
- Prior focus on GDPR would be beneficial
- Ability to work collaboratively
To apply for this role please email Lori Hyett via email@example.com