A leading UK pharmaceutical company are looking to add a Paralegal to their in-house Contracts team. You will be responsible for preparing legal documents, using approved group precedents as well as drafting and negotiating legal documents, under the guidance and supervision of Senior Legal Counsel. An excellent salary package is on offer including additional benefits.
Main Responsibilities include the following:
• Legal research and presentation of findings to Legal Department colleagues
• Information gathering from colleagues at all levels and clear presentation of such information to Legal Department colleagues
• Monitoring changes to government guidelines or regulations, as required, and submitting reports on pertinent changes, along with suggestions on accommodating changes within the Group’s systems
• Undertaking legal/admin work for the Legal Department including, where required, keeping legal databases (contracts/property) and legal inboxes up-to-date, extracting applicable information from legal documents in order to create reminders, and monitoring and bringing forward date reminders.
• Assisting Legal Department colleagues in legal tasks, as requested
• Completing internal and external training, as required by the business
• Complying with all policies and procedures required by the Group
• Previous experience (minimum 2 years) of drafting and negotiating contracts.
• Legal qualification (law degree or higher) (desirable)
• Well presented, displays professional manner
• Good commercial awareness
• Understanding of corporate governance, confidentiality and compliance
• Good communication and presentation skills, both oral and written, along with good drafting skills
• Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Good planning, prioritisation and organisational skills
• Good problem-solving skills
• Good technology skills - ability to work with commonly-used IT platforms and packages
• Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
• Attention to detail/accuracy