As a leading specialist private medical insurer, WPA is supported by its in-house legal department. We are looking for a solicitor with preferably 5+ years' PQE to join our busy in-house legal team and assist the Group Counsel and Director of Legal Affairs and provide professional legal services to WPA and its subsidiary companies. In-house experience preferred but not essential.
Our in-house legal department provides legal services to the Board of Directors of WPA and its subsidiary companies as well as to the frontline business and other departments.
- Communicate effectively on all levels throughout the business i.e. work with Directors and employees within the business to ensure that best practice is followed and high quality professional legal advice is given
- Demonstration of a sound understanding of insurance law and data protection legislation preferred
- Day to day responsibilities include:
- literature review
- negotiating internal and external contracts
- assisting with any litigation/complaints
- responding to general legal queries e.g. insurance and data protection
- Proactive involvement in the deployment of AML measures
- Maintain CPD and professional development
- Assist with the provision of internal training to the business.
- Qualified Solicitor or equivalent with 5+ years' PQE
- Fully IT literate
- Ability to build rapport, relationships and communicate effectively with people of all levels within the organisation
- Sound judgement and problem solving skills with strong organisational and verbal/written skills
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to manage time and prioritise correctly to meet appropriate deadlines and targets with work produced to a high standard
- A positive attitude focused on improving service standards and outcomes
- Desire to be part of a team that is passionate about what they do
WPA is a not-for-profit, private company, limited by guarantee. We are a private medical insurer authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority.
We provide access to the sort of healthcare that we want for ourselves and our families. We have been helping our members as a not-for-profit organisation since 1901.
By partnering with like-minded individuals and companies, we offer ground-breaking personal and business health insurance policies that have truly revolutionised healthcare in the UK. From funding cancer drugs not readily available on the NHS, the first benefit of its kind, to being recognised by the World Health Organisation as leading in the development of new policies that reduce costs for our members.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating a diverse working environment.
NO AGENCIES – All applications by CV and covering email to: email@example.com will be received in strictest confidence.
Taunton, Somerset – South West connection preferred as a combination of home and office working will be required. All equipment to be provided.