£42,584 - £48,011 per annum
Closing date: Sunday 15 August 2021
Interview date: Friday 20 August 2021
We are NCHA. Nottingham Community Housing Association (NCHA) was founded in 1973. We are an agile and forward thinking organisation committed to providing and managing housing for people in need, as well as offering vital care and support services. We manage nearly 10,000 homes, house more than 20,000 people and employ approximately 1,200 colleagues in Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire and Rutland. In partnership with 30 local authorities, we build new affordable homes to meet local needs. This includes homes for sale, social and affordable rent, shared ownership and ‘try before you buy’ schemes.
Are you a qualified conveyancing solicitor looking for a new challenge? This is a unique opportunity to put your experience and skills to the test and help shape a new role within NCHA. As our Treasury Solicitor, you’ll be responsible for the Group’s property security, ensuring that financing needs are met and to actively advise and be responsible for property based legal work across the Group.
You’ll also support the delivery of the Lender Ready (securitisation) Project Plan, co-ordinating with key internal and external stakeholders to complete security files for the Group’s uncharged property assets and complete the charging of property assets for current financing activity.
You’ll be working closely with other colleagues, external stakeholders and local authority partners, building effective working relationships with internal and external partners, be outcome-focused and able to deliver to tight deadlines. Knowledge of the Registered Provider sector, or experience within similar sectors, is preferred. Check out the attached Role Profile for an overview of the main responsibilities and the requirements for the role.
As an NCHA colleague you can access fantastic benefits:
- Flexibility – this role is partially agile, meaning you can choose to work some of your days from the comfort of your own home should you wish
- Career Development - we provide excellent in-house training to help you progress
- Healthcare - We want to help you look after yourself, so a health cash plan (up to £875) is in place to give you money back on all the basics e.g. opticians, dentist, physio, health screening etc.
- Annual Leave - We know everyone loves a holiday so we make sure you’ve got enough days with 36.5 days leave
- Pension - We’re not only interested in the here and now so we have a pension scheme with contributions matched by NCHA up to 7.5%
- Family-friendly policies - Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Discounts - Who doesn’t love a bargain? We have discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Cycle to Work – You will have access to our approved cycle to work scheme; giving you the opportunity to buy a bike and accessories and saving tax contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme - Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
USEFUL TOP TIPS:
- All correspondence will be via your registered email address.
- View the full role profile in the document tab at the top of the page and refer to the 'About the person' section to complete your application -show us why you are suitable!
- For more information about NCHA, please refer to the attached ‘Helping Our Customers’ and ‘Property Picture’– get a better idea of what we do across the organisation!
- Take a look at how NCHA is managing the risk of COVID-19 here
- We may close this vacancy early if we have sufficient interest.
All successful candidates will be required to take a work-related test and online ability tests prior to the interview.
As an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident Employer, NCHA welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups and disabled candidates. As part of our LGBT + Allies Programme, we also welcome applications from members of the LGBT + community and encourage inclusivity in the workplace.