Legal Counsel - Europe:
In this role you will work within one of the leading Data Centre providers, undertaking key strategic work relating to their expansions within the European Markets. You should be an accomplished Corporate and Commercial Lawyer with exceptional drafting and negotiation skills - the data centre specifics can be learned and trained should you not have knowledge around this sector already.
This company is a leading Data Centre provider headquartered in the US with recent expansion into the European Markets including their new HQ in London. They are looking to have their European legal team based all from London. A large scaling up operation is happening in both the US and Europe with recent land acquisitions across the continents.
They are looking for an Senior Legal Counsel within Europe (London based) to assist the General Counsel in the US.
You will be responsible for the legal and corporate governance support of the Europe Strategic opportunities and business objectives. As this is essentially a 'greenfield' department within Europe, you will need a pro-active, solution-oriented mindset to legal matters in order to help build the legal infrastructure in Europe.
Legal Counsel - (Europe) within this companies London office.
- Support the European arm and be a strategic Partner with high level of competency in drafting and negotiation of a variety of contracts
- Manage the legal work for complex business transactions and agreements with customers, suppliers and contractors as well as Real Estate/Construction transactions.
- Supporting all legal matters across Europe of complex legal entity structures and M&A.
- Implement global strategy and build the legal infrastructure in Europe.
- Responsible for legal work and supervision of outside counsel associated with business and land acquisition development projects, customer and supplier contracts and financings and corporate natters.
- Support the construction, operation, sales, marketing and IT departments.
- Responsible for oversight of legal work related to Employment, benefits and company policies.
- Qualified England & Wales Solicitor 4-8 years PQE
- Extensive commercial experience
- Exceptional drafting and negotiation skills
- Experience within In-house and Private practice
Desirable qualities, (not requirements) include:
- Working knowledge of M&A, Debt Covenants, Litigation, Employment and Data/TMT
- Experience with data centre contracts would be great, but this is not expected.
- Experience with real estate / construction related contracts
- Language skills
This is an excellent position for an Legal Counsel (Europe) within this global company's London office.
Please apply for immediate consideration.