Our clients are seeking a hardworking and committed paralegal to support our civil and commercial litigation team in the London office on a 12-month fixed-term contract. You will assist fee earners with the profitable management of their caseload whilst practising the highest codes of professional conduct and customer service.
They recognise staff are without doubt our best asset and we reward performance, provide flexible working practices and positively encourage every individual's contribution as to how we deliver services.
They offer excellent support and training opportunities.
The successful candidate's work will include (but not be limited to):
- Legal research
- Litigation support
- drafting, reviewing and amending materials, correspondence and documents
- Electronic and hard copy document management
- Various administrative duties as and when required.
- Preparation of hearing bundles
Your day-to-day activities will include
- Document preparation and research requests
- Checking legal documents for quality, consistency and content
- Developing cases by maintaining contact with all involved parties
- Drafting letters before action (LBA)
- Reviewing settlement offers
- Typing and filing legal documents and correspondence
- Reviewing and reporting on claims
- Drafting and producing legal documentation
- Working to deadlines and coordinating calendars
- Maintaining communication with clients and informing them of updates and case progress
- Utilising Claims Management Systems to progress cases to completion
- Providing a high level of client service, including responding to ad hoc information
We require you to have a first-class law degree (or equivalent) and completed the LPC or BTCP. It would be advantageous to have had some experience of casework and court proceedings.
Skills and behaviours:
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Personally efficient and well organised
- Ability to work as part of a team but also independently and use own initiative
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Fully computer literate
Hours: Full-time (minimum of 40 hours per week)
Salary: Based on Experience
Start date: to be agreed
Contract length: 12 months