Role – Legal Counsel – Corporate / Commercial
Salary - £100k - £140k
Location – London City
New London City based opportunity for an ambitious Commercial / Corporate Associate to join a rapidly growing Fintech business. The legal work the in-house team undertake here is varied and includes Corporate/Commercial, IP, Regulatory and Finance.
As Legal Counsel, you will work closely with the General Counsel and a more junior lawyer to support ongoing growth and development of this start-up business. A flavour of the duties are below:
- Reviewing and negotiating licence agreements, services and trading agreements
- Managing legal aspects of new business initiatives (e.g. new global office openings and new product offerings)
- Providing strategic legal advice to key stakeholders in the business (including, sales, operations and compliance teams)
- Assisting with corporate and governance matters relating to the company and broader corporate group
- Proactively seeking to mitigate legal risk to the business and create/improve processes where required
- Monitoring and updating key contracts, product terms and conditions, IP/liability protections etc.
Applicants are invited from 2-5 PQE Solicitors currently Practising in Commercial or Corporate at a City Firm. An exposure to Technology / Fintech is beneficial, as is any exposure to Crypto. You must be willing to work in a fast paced, changing environment, where solution focussed advice is paramount.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in an exciting sector of the in-house legal market, where progression and development opportunities are guaranteed. Send a CV or get in touch with Nick Barrass to discuss further details.