Senior Property Lawyer
The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them.
Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Property Lawyer to join our newly established Inhouse Legal Services team based in London on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the Property Legal Team, dealing with complex conveyancing and property advice. You will be responsible for developing the in-house legal provision to meet the needs of Guinness, ensuring that conveyancing is carried out in-house where it is more cost effective, and that communication between the business and the Legal Services team is effective and efficient.
You’ll not only be a knowledgeable property litigation specialist, but you’ll also have great relationship building skills and a willingness to support and motivate your team and colleagues. You’ll also be able to demonstrate:
- Significant experience in all types of conveyancing and property transactions (Residential and Commercial)
- Ability to present information in a variety of forms to a high standard, including excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised and methodical with excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working to deadlines and targets
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Microsoft Office
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours and the Guinness Leadership and Management Standards
- Qualified solicitor or barrister (qualified to practice in England) or a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives with equal practice rights (CILEX Lawyer)
We are currently trialling hybrid working which offers the opportunity to work 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home.
If you’re interested in finding out more about the key responsibilities of the role and/or to ensure you meet the essential criteria, please review the attached role profile.
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.