Our client is an outstanding regional law firm with its heart in Liverpool and the surrounding areas.
They are looking to recruit a Newly Qualified Private Client Solicitor for its highly rated Private Client Team.
The role is to provide specialist Private Client advice to clients of the firm.
The quality of the work is extremely good and will involve;
Estate planning/will drafting
Trust creation and administration
Elderly client issues
Conducting basic estate administration independently from initial instructions to distribution including all inheritance tax and administration tax issues. Assisting on complex estate management with senior fee earners.
Taking instructions on creation of a trust, drafting the same and dealing with registration with HM Revenue & Customs (and ongoing TRS requirements) including payment of any inheritance tax due. Trust administration including accounts, tax compliance, inheritance tax issues, distributions, compliance documentation and dealing with trust assets.
Ability to recognise issues regarding capacity; taking instructions in relation to LPA's; dealing with deputyship applications; drafting the appropriate documentation for the client's needs and registering the same with the Court of Protection.
The Ideal Candidate
- A qualified Solicitor with private client experience
- Excellent technical knowledge
- The ability to demonstrate a clear enthusiasm and passion for private client work
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary dependent upon level of private client experience
- Generous benefits package
- The best quality private client work in the North West
- Flexible working/Part time considered
- Clear career progression prospects
- Friendly and collegiate team
- City centre location
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply through the advert or contact Nick Tappin at Thornton Legal directly.