FS Reg, Financial Services Regulatory, 3PQE
Ranked on the Legal 500 for their FS Regulatory department due to the highly complex work they do with top end clients. They're unique because:
- Every member of our team is a Financial Services Regulatory specialist first. Many firms claim to have a Financial Services Regulatory team but, in truth, they have corporate, contract and commercial lawyers who happen to advise regulated clients. That's not who we are.
- The practice is broad and deep - they advise regulated financial services clients of all sizes (from entrepreneurs and sole traders, to FTSE and Nasdaq listed companies and groups, and everything in between). Also, all kinds (banks, (re)insurers, investment firms, and payment and FinTech businesses).
- Half our work is referred to us by the Magic Circle, the Silver Circle, US law firms, and boutique-City law firms - a clear vote of confidence in our skills, knowledge and experience
- They have deliberately chosen not to do low margin, high volume, or panel work.
- They prepare and/or give advice about Part 4A Permission and Change of Control applications, if there's something unusual, complex, or contentious to consider
- They don't draft routine product terms and conditions, or service agreements
- They don't update contracts on a volume basis, just because the law has changed, and a book of contracts need to be updated to reflect that fact.
They are looking for an associate to work in their busy Non-Contentious Financial Services Regulatory Practice. The successful candidate will work closely with their partner and their legal director on a range of complex regulatory matters, from across the market.The successful candidate will be given Magic Circle quality work to do, with plenty autonomy, and responsibility. They'll be an important part of a friendly, well integrated and inclusive team. They'll also have good career prospects and a sensible work-life balance.
The Ideal Candidate
- Have a good working knowledge of the Financial Services and Markets Act; the Regulated Activities Order; and the law and rules that apply to at least one of banks, (re)insurers and investment firms;
- Be used to advising on novel, complex and high risk matters;
- Be a regulatory specialist, who is willing and able to advise on the regulatory aspects of commercial contracts and corporate transactions, if and when that's required.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Diversity and Inclusion
The firm prides itself on its diversity and inclusion. If you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please let us know.