Adult Social Care Solicitor
Salary: PO1 - 10, SCP27 – 36, £31,346 to £39,880 per annum
37 hours per week, permanent contract
Calderdale Council has a vision to create a place where you can realise your potential whoever you are. We aspire to be a place where talent and enterprise can thrive. A place defined by our kindness and resilience, by how our people care for each other.
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Solicitor, Barrister or Chartered Legal Executive to join our expanding team of Adult Social Care Solicitors within Legal Services. The successful candidate will manage a varied caseload including Court of Protection work as well as Care Act and ancillary matters such as Ordinary Residence, deprivation of liberty, funding disputes, mental health law and Judicial Review.
What are we looking for?
- You will be an admitted Solicitor entitled to a current practicing certificate or have an alternative Barrister or Legal Executive qualification.
- You have extensive knowledge and experience of the law and practice relating to safeguarding vulnerable adults.
- You are highly motivated, enthusiastic, and able to work effectively as part of a team.
Why work for us?
Calderdale Council is a great place to work and there are lots of benefits our employees can access. We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work, they do to improve the lives of people in Calderdale. To find out more about working for us and why it is such a great place to work, look at our Applicant Guide.
Here are some of the main benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements, including home working and the possibility of part time.
- Generous annual leave entitlement (equivalent to 30 days a year, increasing to 35 days after 5 years' service, plus bank holidays)
- Local government pension scheme
- Work within a supportive legal team and contribute to its success
Our employees are currently working from home as part of our Smarter Working plans and to support the health and safety of all our colleagues. We anticipate that homeworking and working remotely will be a key feature of this role and when offices re-open your office base will be in central Halifax. Our excellent technology and equipment will enable you to connect and collaborate from anywhere.
For an informal discussion about the post or service, please contact Jeannine Houshmand on 07598404366 or Laura Stephenson on 07702656730.
Closing Date: Sunday 26th September 2021
Interviews: w/c Monday 4th October 2021