Commercial Property Solicitor/FCILEx/Senior Paralegal
Queen Square, Bristol
£30,000 - £45,000 depending on experience
Our busy commercial property department based in Queen Square, Bristol, is looking for an experienced property lawyer to join our close-knit team. The successful candidate will be able to deal with freehold and leasehold acquisitions and disposals and landlord and tenant matters for commercial and corporate clients and will be able to build a good rapport with existing and new clients.
You will be expected to be able to handle routine matters with minimal supervision although support will be at hand for more complex matters/issues.
The commercial property team is part of the wider Business Legal Services Department and works closely with our corporate and commercial teams.
- Confidently handling own caseload with particular emphasis on your specialist field to service the company's clients;
- Managing and taking responsibility for your own files and making effective use of the company's case management system;
- Showing a sound understanding and technical knowledge of the principles and issues in your area of expertise and property law generally;
- Maintaining and improving existing client relations;
- Managing expectations of clients and effectively dealing with any complaints that arise as in line with company policy;
- Effective communication with clients;
- Occasional marketing and attendance at networking events;
Essential experience required:
- All aspects of real estate acquisitions and disposals;
- Commercial Landlord and Tenant work;
Key skills/competencies required:
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience (which may be as a paralegal or trainee);
- Self–sufficient whilst also having the necessary qualities to work as part of a team;
- Strong technical skills and knowledge;
- Possess excellent problem solving, organisational and verbal/written communication skills;
- Competent at using a case management system;
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and targets;
- Fully IT literate.
A combination of office and home working will be required however during this period we have successfully arranged for our staff to work remotely due to our response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Lyons Davidson is a law firm providing legal services to businesses and individuals nationwide. We believe in providing a service that is accessible and approachable. Our ability to deliver a consistent and high-quality service has allowed us to develop strong relationships with our clients and business partners who rely on us to give them the help and advice they need.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating a diverse working environment.
Please note that this vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received.