JOB TITLE: Associate
LOCATION: South East
SALARY: On application
THE ROLE: Our client, a Top 50 law firm is looking for an Associate to work on site managing a caseload of police litigation and misconduct cases. Key Duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to)
• Acting on behalf of the police force, claims handlers and insurers, protecting their interests.
• Managing a caseload of litigated claims including but not limited to false imprisonment, malicious prosecution and assault
• Managing a caseload of police misconduct cases.
• Presenting cases in the magistrates court
• Assisting the Team Manager and other team members with their cases, client development, client training, networking and potentially public speaking where required.
• Attending court hearings as appropriate.
• Drafting various documents such as letters and reports and pleadings.
• Supervising junior staff on a day to day basis.
• Achieving set financial and chargeable targets
• Experience of dealing with professional misconduct cases
• Experience of defending litigated claims, preferably claims against the police.
• Willingness to present cases in the magistrates court and at misconduct hearings.
• Excellent knowledge of the CPR and litigation.
• Ability to influence a broad range of people including key decision makers.
• Willingness to take on the role as key client interface with the aim of fully supervising and managing the team in due course
• Flexible approach to work and a willingness to travel.
HOW TO APPLY:
Contact Pasquale Agatiello at eNL on 020 7183 8586 or email Pasquale.firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, or simply call for a confidential discussion. eNL will never share your CV with a third party without your express permission. As part of our candidate care process, we aim to respond to all applications in 7 days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide.
eNL has a number of permanent, locum and consultant vacancies for private practice law firms, the public sector and FTSE in-house organisations, throughout England & Wales. If you are legally qualified or in a legal business support role and considering a career move, do get in touch, or go to https://www.enllegal.co.uk/enl/register-with-us to register your interest.
In addition, if you know any legal professionals that may be interested in a new role, remember we do offer up to £500 referral fee bonus (T&C’s apply).